© Photo by Lukas (@hauntedeyes) on Unsplash
A chatbot is a virtual interlocutor that operates on a messenger base and helps you communicate with your customers. It is an automated smart customer communication system that helps clients solve their problems, it also answers frequently asked questions and performs simple operations.
Why is this system useful?
- It is cheaper than developing a mobile application - you do not have to pay for the design
- Chatbots facilitate customer loyality by developing a closer contact with clients
- A user does not waste his/her time because there is no need in downloading an additional application. He/she interacts with the programme using a familiar application
- It saves the client’s and the business’s time
Where can you find chatbots?
Chatbots are integrated into messengers, such as Telegram, What’s App, Slack, Skype, Viber, and Facebook Messenger. These apps have billions of users nowadays.
What can you entrust to a chatbot?
- Answering frequently asked questions
- Conducting a fast survey
- Collecting feedback
- Booking appointments on a certain time and other calendar-related work
- Keeping in touch with a customer after he/she buys a product
- Getting requests and receiving relevant information
How do we do it?
- Develop a keyboard interface with a set of commands
- Write the chatbot’s answers in text
- Start being friend with your website or a CRM, develop an API*
- Register the chatbot in a messenger
- Adjust the settings
- Install analytics systems
*API- application programming interface
A chatbot is an amazing way to save your time and resources and achieve a great result, i.e. customer loyalty, purchasing of products and improvements of the service’s quality.